From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Trying to create 7-zip executable for MSWindows using Gentoo
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 16:56:45
1 > On Sun, 10 January 2016, at 7:24 p.m., Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > I have installed app-arch/p7zip-15.09 and I am trying to create a 7-zip
4 > archive which will run on MSWindows as an embedded executable. It seems that
5 > only the standard console SFX module 7zCon.sfx has been installed, in
6 > /usr/lib64/p7zip/7zCon.sfx and this is used by default:
7
8 I've never tried to do this, so I may not have a helpful answer.
9
10 However, it might move you forward if I ask a couple of questions.
11
12 1. You say "only the module 7zCon.sfx is installed" - is it some other module you need, and do you know what it's called?
13
14 2. Assuming you know what program is required, is it in the archive retrieved by `emerge -f app-arch/p7zip`.
15
16 Stroller.