From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can anyone tell me?
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 19:28:17
1 On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 14:20:08 -0500, Chris Walters wrote:
2
3 > Well, apparently either the latest ~amd64 keyword masked version of
4 > coreutils does not install /bin/mktemp, or makes changes so
5 > that /sbin/depscan.sh cannot find it, because "/bin/mktemp missing" is
6 > a part of the error message, I receive.
7
8 % eix -c -e coreutils
9 [I] sys-apps/coreutils (6.10-r1@24/01/08): Standard GNU file utilities
10
11 % qlist coreutils | grep mktemp
12 /usr/share/man/man1/mktemp.1.bz2
13 /bin/mktemp
14 /usr/bin/mktemp
15
16 It's certainly there on this box, and the other ~amd64 and ~x86 boxes I
17 have.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 Theory is when you know everything, but nothing works.
24 Reality is when everything works, but you don't know why.
25 However, usually theory and reality are mixed together :
26 Nothing works, and nobody knows why not.