From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] OrangeFS in 4.6 kernel
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2016 00:08:33
1 Hello,
2
3 Well it seems the OrangeFS, a really cool and easy to implement distributed
4 File System for clusters (HPC or Containers), has finally made it into the
5 linux kernel (4.6-rc1). [1]
8 This file system should benefit users, NFS admins, embedded systems, ACL,
9 clusters, containers and HPC. I sure hope we can get some tools and
10 guidelines into the gentoo wiki, so folks can test this enhancement of
11 PVFS2 on a new linux kernel. The quote that caught my eye was
12 "Painless Deployment ". Interesting. [2]
13
14 Some have already been exploiting the advantages of OrangeFS for a Hi
15 Performance Cluster [3].
16
17 enjoy,
18 James