From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge colors and light background
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 20:59:31
1 On 2018-04-19, Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On 2018-04-19 08:16, Klaus Ethgen wrote:
3
4 >> I use light background and many colors of emerge and other tools are
5 >> simple unreadable (like light green). I searched how to adapt them to
6 >> my background but did not success. I already know about color.map but
7 >> this just allows to tune some colors and not all (at least the ones
8 >> that are documented in the man page).
9 >
10 > It depends on your terminal app. I use (u)rxvt and I remap the colors
11 > for it globally. Here are the settings (from .Xresources):
12 >
13 > *.beNiceToColormap: false
14 > Rxvt.background: seashell
15 > Rxvt.color10: green4
16 > Rxvt.color11: orange2
17 > Rxvt.color14: cyan4
18 > Rxvt.color2: green3
19 > Rxvt.color3: orange
20 > Rxvt.color6: cyan3
21 > Rxvt.foreground: Gray40
22
23 Doesn't that mess up the colors for other applications?
24
25 Or do you use the custom urxvt settings just for emerge et alia?
28 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Are we laid back yet?
29 at
30 gmail.com