From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE plasmashell and wallpapers.
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2019 19:32:20
1 On Tue, 24 Dec 2019 12:35:41 -0600, Dale wrote:
2
3 > >> My temporary solution, I pointed it to a small directory that only
4 > >> has a couple dozen images in it. That seems to work.
5
6 > > Is there a difference in the metadata of these few images compared
7 > > with the rest in the whole directory?
8 >
9 > It's actually a small directory of the exact same images.  I might add,
10 > the clock does skip a second or so when I add them so I suspect it
11 > performs the same action, it just has a much smaller number of them.
12 > It's hard to say.  Point being, I'm using the same images as before,
13 > just a smaller sub-directory.
14
15 Have you tried using the smaller directory and then addng a few (hundred)
16 images at a time, letting the scan finish and then repeating.
17
18 I wonder is plasma is using a new method of caching the data, or the old
19 cache got corrupted, so it has to reindex the whole directory again. It's
20 never had to do 150000+ files in one go before because the directory has
21 grown organically. Now, for whatever reason, it seems like it is trying to
22 do the whole lot in one hit.
26 Neil Bothwick
27
28 I'd tell you a UDP joke, but you may not get it.