From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how do i know my SMP is working and setup right?
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 00:16:27
1 On Sat, 2007-05-26 at 15:19 -0700, Daevid Vincent wrote:
2 > I just upgraded my Gentoo server from an old Celeron 1Ghz to a Pentium4
3 > 3Ghz (hyperthreaded).
4
5 [snip]
6
7 > But when I'm in KDE, the little load applet doesn't show two CPUs
8 > (should it?).
9
10 don't know about kde, but have you tried something simple like top?
11 load it and then press '1' to swap between a "composite" cpu and "real"
12 cpus.
13
14 HTH,
18 In matters of principle, stand like a rock;
19 in matters of taste, swim with the current.
20 -- Thomas Jefferson
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list