From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How to get rid of 32bits libraries
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 15:24:00
1 On 18/01/2016 15:31, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > Thanks Nikos, thanks Neil.
3 >
4 > With your help I've managed to get rid of all 32bits libraries.
5 >
6 > I still unsure what to do for the "second step".
7 >
8 > If possible, I'd like to install any packages with abs_x86_32 which are required for dev-util/android-sdk-update-manager and app-text/acroread
9 > with a different PREFIX, such as /usr/local .
10 > Is that possible?
13 What is your rationale for wanting to do that?
14
15 acroread and android-sdk-update-manager need 32 bit libs. Portage will
16 create them for you quite happily and they have to go somewhere. Why do
17 you want them in a different PREFIX? If it's strict separation you are
18 after, is /lib32 and /usr/lib32 not separate enough for you?
19
20 It seems odd to me to take libs that the package manager is very
21 efficient at creating, and ut them in /usr/local - the one area that
22 package managers by convention never touch. I can't grok what you are
23 trying to accomplish.
27 Alan McKinnon
28 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com