From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USB Problems
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2014 18:35:49
1 On 6 September 2014 18:52:54 CEST, "siefke_listen@×××.de" <siefke_listen@×××.de> wrote:
2 >Hello,
3 >
4 >On Thu, 04 Sep 2014 06:58:54 +0200 "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
5 >wrote:
6 >
7 >> >siefke ~ $ cat /usr/src/linux/.config | grep CONFIG_USB_PRINTER
8 >> >CONFIG_USB_PRINTER=m
9 >>
10 >> Change this to 'n'.
11 >
12 >No because cups is compile with -usb and the netbook not see printer.
13 >Dmesg give printer out, but in cups nothing to see in local print
14 >support.
15 >
16 >> >siefke ~ $ equery u cups | grep usb
17 >> >-usb
20 >Thank you & Ragards
21 >Silvio
22
23 Did you read the rest of the email?
24
25 I have not been able to use Cups with USB printer support in the kernel for nearly a decade now.
26 Disabling that in the kernel and having Cups handle it, with the USB flag enabled, has always worked for me.
29 Joost
30 --
31 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.