From: John Dangler <jdangler@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] xserver
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 18:55:51
1 I emerged xorg-x11 and got the xorg.conf.new file copied over. twm (I
2 think) is what's showing up.
3 When I exit the server, there is a message that I think relates to the
4 video.
5 "Symbol drmGetClient from module /usr/lib/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.o is
6 unresolved!"
7 I've been told that a lot of these messages can safely be ignored, but I'd
8 like to find out if this is one of them, and, if not, how to go about
9 resolving it.
10 2.6.12-r9
11 Current video is ATI Radeon 7000/VE. (older Radeon card - the x server
12 install handbook says not to use ati-drivers for this, so I haven't emerged
13 it)
14
15 Thanks, as always for the input.
16