From: Andrea Conti <alyf@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Gentoo install] Disk full at 35%?
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 10:48:35
1 > If you run man mke2fs, you should check out -N and -i. It was
2 > trial-and-error (for me, anyway) to find the right number.
3
4 Consider using reiserfs for /usr/portage. No real performance advantage
5 over ext[234], but works well with lots of small files and there's no
6 inode count to worry about.
7
8 In my experience the main downside of reiserfs is that fsck.reiserfs is
9 almost never able to recover cleanly if the filesystem metadata does get
10 corrupted in a non-trivial way. But for the portage snapshot this isn't
11 really a problem...
12
13 andrea