From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: 32 or 64 bits, CFLAGS and kernel settings ?
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 00:25:32
1 walt wrote:
2 > On 12/27/2010 09:27 AM, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> I went with 64 bit and used a miltilib profile. So far, everything is
5 >> working fine.
6 >
7 > Dale, don't wait -- go buy a hundred lottery tickets before your luck
8 > runs out :)
12 Why? Going with multilib means I can run either 32 or 64 bit code if
13 needed. What's the point of buying a nice CPU if you are not going to
14 use it? If I was going to run 32 bit, I should have stuck with my old rig.
15
16 Please explain why this is not going to work long term?
17
18 Dale
19