From: trevor donahue <donahue.trevor@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Awesome WM, io.popen() attempt to index io nil value
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 15:36:57
1 http://www.lua.org/manual/5.1/manual.html#5.7
2 the doc
3 also found on other resources scripts using IO not io, that still aint
4 working...
5
6 On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 3:14 PM, trevor donahue <donahue.trevor@×××××.com>wrote:
7
8 > Hi folks,
9 > is anyone of you using awesome wm?
10 > I've been struggling with a little bit of a problem lately, wanted to
11 > create a widget that retrieves gmail data using curl. The problem
12 > encountered is the function io.popen() that returns nil [attempt to index
13 > io nil value] (as having an error in lua) even though not doing anything
14 > special, tested also with ls -l and other trivial bash commands...
15 >
16 > Can somebody help me resolve the problem?
22 Thanks,
23 Donahue Trevor