From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cleaning up after overdue -uD world
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 23:01:31
1 maxim wexler wrote:
2 > Hi group,
3 >
4 > Well I went ahead and applied Willie's suggestion for
5 > eselect to foomatic, which I don't use anyway and this
6 > time emerge -uD world looks like a go. There's one
7 > 'Fetch Restriction' but a little wiki tell's me this
8 > will be taken care of in due course.
9 >
10 > Thank's to Iain suggestion to fetch in one terminal
11 > and compile in another I'm well on my way with 74/350
12 > downloaded.
13 >
14 > So now, I'll bow out while the intertubes do their
15 > thing.
16 >
17 > Just wondering, if this all goes as planned, and I
18 > don't have to start answering my own e-mails again, I
19 > would like to clean up and dispose of about 2yrs of
20 > garbage on my HD.(The original install was via the
21 > 2006.0 min-install CD)
22 >
23 > Can somebody suggest methods, tools to best accomplish
24 > this task?
25 >
26 > mw
29 > ____________________________________________________________________________________
30 > Looking for last minute shopping deals?
31 > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping
34 eclean should help. eclean-dist will clean out any unneeded distfiles.
35 If you save packages then eclean-pkg will help with that.
36
37 Dale
38
40 --