From: Qiangning Hong <hongqn@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Help, Marvell patched sk98lin for livecd 2005.1
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 15:54:06
1 I am installing gentoo on a new machine with an onboard Marvel 8E8053
2 Gigabit LAN controller. However, LiveCD 2005.1 can not detect this
3 controller, both sk98lin and skge don't work. After googling, I find
4 this artical http://pavuk.7gods.org/notebook.html#network and know that
5 I must patch the kernel and recompile it. But the LiveCD minimal has no
6 gcc built in. I tried patch and compile in my working laptop, and
7 insmod sk98lin.ko in the livecd environment, it tells me the kernel
8 versions don't match:
9 "2.6.12-suspend-r6 preempt PENTIUMM gcc-3.4"
10 versus
11 "2.6.12-gentoo-r6 SMP perempt 586 4KSTACKS gcc-3.3"
12
13 It seems gentoo-sources-r6 has been removed from portage currently. How
14 can I do? Or, could anyone send me a patched sk98lin.ko which is
15 insmod-able in LiveCD 2005.1 environment in private mail? Thanks a lot!
18 Qiangning Hong
19 http://www.hn.org/hongqn (RSS: http://feeds.feedburner.com/hongqn)
20
21 Registered Linux User #396996