From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] smartctrl drive error @60%
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 02:16:58
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 >
3 >> I have to say, I dread setting up a mail server about as bad as I dread
4 >> going to the Doctor. It's just something I really don't want to add to
5 >> my system unless I have to.
6 > Which is why I suggesting something like ssmtp, which you can't call a
7 > server, it just forwards. Often the only configuration needed is changing
8 > one line in ssmtp.conf, to the address of your ISP's mail server.
9 >
10 > That's it, now any program can send mail using sendmail and it just goes
11 > to your ISP mailbox.
15 I like this part:
16
17 "Extremely simple MTA to get mail off the system to a Mailhub"
18
19 ^^^^^ That part right up there. :-D That may be a new thread, if
20 needed.
21
22 Dale
23