From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] gnupg upgraded, problems arised
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 13:36:50
1 On Friday 29 December 2006 04:20, Andrew Gaydenko <a@××××××××.com> wrote
2 about '[gentoo-user] [OT] gnupg upgraded, problems arised':
3 > After yesterday syncing (~amd64) gnupg package was upgraded (and
4 > de-slotted). Now - via KMail, KGpg, gpg CLI - my long-used password
5 > suddenly become a 'bad passphrase'. I have tried reimport keys without
6 > any success.
7 >
8 > Any hints?
9
10 I'm still running 1.4.x and 1.9.x so I haven't run into the issue yet.
11
12 Actually, since you've given me the heads-up, I'll not be doing my normal
13 (semi-daily) system update today, as I can't spend any time on the issue
14 (today). If you can reproduce the error, please file a bug and let me
15 know the number so I can add myself to the CC list, and possibly add more
16 information as I have time.
19 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
20 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
21 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
22 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh