From: David W Noon <dwnoon@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anything better than procmail?
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 12:04:15
1 On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 04:00:01 +0200, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote about
2 [gentoo-user] Anything better than procmail?:
3
4 >while still setting up my new system I wonder, whether there
5 >somethning better than 'procmail' to process mails (maildir-format).
6 >I am getting my mails via fetchmail/POP3.
7 >
8 >Any better program for that task?
9
10 I bit the bullet a few years ago and installed an IMAP4 server --
11 initially Dovecot, but quickly replaced by dbmail. This allows you to
12 use a sieve script, instead of procmail "recipes". Moreover, each user
13 maintains his/her own sieve script.
14
15 So, my mail path is now:
16 1) fetchmail, from my ISP's POP3 server;
17 2) postfix, including spam and virus scanning with amavisd-new;
18 3) dbmail, for local IMAP4 delivery.
19
20 I am proud to say it is the best "home brew" mail system I have ever
21 seen.
22 --
23 Regards,
24