From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] May GMN Tips and Tricks
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 01:11:51
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On 22/05/2014 00:41, David Abbott wrote:
3 >> Hi Everyone,
4 >> We are putting together this months GMN [1] Looking for some content
5 >> to add to the "Tip of the month" section.
6 >> Regards
7 >> David
8 >>
9 >> [1] http://blogs.gentoo.org/news
12 > This month has been a treasure trove of such things here on gentoo-user.
13 >
14 > If you have the time, trawl the systemd and grub2 threads for some
15 > amazing tips.
16 >
17 > The "Fonts and bad eyes" thread would also make a good insert - it
18 > covered a very interesting area of less than general scope (but that's
19 > what makes it so especially interesting - if you need to edit a console
20 > font, the answer is in there)
23 I had no idea there was as many folks with bad eyes when I started that
24 thread. It's will take me a while to try all the things recommended.
25 Some days my eyes are somewhat OK but some days, they just plain suck.
26 Text is really hard to read but even pics have some challenge to them.
27
28 I thought the newsletter died. When did it come back? One thing I used
29 to like about them was warning of issues that were coming. That helps a
30 lot. Upgrade xyz, make sure to update configs BEFORE rebooting else you
31 get pieces. That sort of thing was very helpful.
32
33 Dale
34
38 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!