From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: TCP listen overflows
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 23:39:57
1 I dont know what that error means, but default webserver and TCP stack
2 options may not be helping. I investigated a Centos box with resources
3 issues a while back. It had many thousands of sockets in TIME_WAIT state.
4
5 IIRC i reduced /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_fin_timeout from 60 to 15, and
6 enabled pipelining on the webserver, along with a few other webserver
7 tweaks.
8
9 First quick check if it happens again: netstat -an | grep -ci wait
10 If it returns a five figure number then the above would be worth a look.