From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Source for checksums of installed files
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 14:53:01
1 On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 4:24 AM, Jan Sever <n32@×××××.cz> wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I was looking for information about the source for checksums of installed
5 > files but I didn't find. I'd like to know whether Portage makes checksums
6 > (for equery check) from installed files in /, or in /var/tmp/portage. And
7 > similarly whether it makes binary packages (when asked) from /, or again
8 > from /var/tmp/portage. It'd make sense, it'd make it from /var/tmp/portage
9 > but I'm not sure of that.
10 >
11 > I have suspicion that my SSD doesn't work quite well, so I mount /var/tmp
12 > from memory and I'd like to know whether the final checksums and binary
13 > packages cannot be corrupted from SSD.
14 >
15 > Of course I thought about the possibility that emerging packages from
16 > possibly corrupted system is not quite OK but it seems to work.
17 >
18 > Thank you in advance for your answer.
21 Your question is somewhat awkwardly worded, but I think you are
22 looking for /var/db/pkg/*/*/CONTENTS.