From: Caveman Al Toraboran <toraboracaveman@××××××××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: best rss reader?
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2020 15:56:15
1 On Wednesday, April 22, 2020 3:44 AM, Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
2
3 > Really? Masked as in package.mask? When? I don't see that.
4 > I use it too, and it is better than the alternatives IMO.
5
6 i'm on ~amd, is this related to why you don't see
7 it?
8
9 from `/var/db/repos/gentoo/profiles/package.mask`:
10
11 ```
12 # Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> (2020-04-19)
13 # Both packages are unmaintained and have unresolved bugs. stfl
14 # is stuck on Python 3.6 and newsboat is its only revdep.
15 # Removal in 30 days. Bug #718286.
16 dev-libs/stfl
17 net-news/newsboat
18 ```
19
20 i highly appreciate mgorny's work though. thanks
21 to him, now i'm aware of the shortcomings, and
22 looks like i'm now headed to get me a better rss
23 reader.
24
25 also thanks to those who helped me in this thread.
26 highly appreciated. i'm now trying your ideas,
27 and very optimistic i'll find a better rss reader
28 setup.