From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] smartctrl drive error @60%
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 09:09:58
1 On Sat, 28 Jun 2014 08:48:40 +0100, Mick wrote:
2
3 > > > I would think that your ISP providers in the US will be blocking
4 > > > outgoing port 25 to stop compromised MSWindows machines spamming the
5 > > > rest of us. If you use my suggestion there shouldn't be a
6 > > > problem.
7 > >
8 > > It makes no difference whether you address it directly to your ISP
9 > > address or via an alias. The ISP won't block port 25 connections to
10 > > its own servers from its own customers, otherwise none of them could
11 > > send email at all!
12 >
13 > In the US many big players are blocking outbound port 25 for their
14 > customers as a blanket measure to control spam from botnets, e.g.:
15 >
16 > http://www.verizon.com/Support/Residential/internet/highspeed/general+support/top+questions/questionsone/124274.htm
17
18 > If Dale uses the ssmtp.conf I sent he will be using a different port +
19 > TLS encryption and should not have a problem.
20
21 Yes, that makes sense. I thought you were referring to the aliases part
22 of the config. Using TLS or a different port if that's what the ISP needs
23 is perfectly logical.
27 Neil Bothwick
28
29 Bus: (n.) a connector you plug money into, something like a slot machine.