From: Alex Brandt <alunduil@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Difficulties to acchieve a certain time period with fcron
Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 20:31:51
1 On Friday, May 29, 2015 18:12:52 Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > What I want is, that fcron executes a script every 14 days. It does
3 > not matter, when to execute the script, since I cannot guarantee that
4 > my PC is running exactly at that time.
5
6 I've got a similar cron I run for backups (daily rather than bi-weekly) but it
7 looks like this:
8
9 %nightly,bootrun,random * 2-4 CMD
10
11 What this tells fcron is to run nightly (meaning only one run is allowed in an
12 evening, run at boot if it hasn't run and I just booted in the period, and
13 randomly select a time between 2:00 and 4:00. Works great for my needs and if
14 one is missed it gets picked up at boot as it should.
15
16 Hope that helps but if not there's more in the man page:
17
18 http://fcron.free.fr/doc/en/fcrontab.5.html
19
20 Regards,
23 Alex Brandt
24 Software Developer for Rackspace and Developer for Gentoo
25 http://blog.alunduil.com