From: Benjamin Lee <ben@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] grub2 on macbook pro
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 17:08:51
1 On 01/20/2013 08:04 PM, Douglas J Hunley wrote:
2 > I'm completely stuck on getting Grub2 to work with the EFI on a new
3 > macbook pro. I have grub2 emerged w/o issue, and efibootmg as well.
4 > I've looked at both the Grub2 wiki and the Macbook wiki and the
5 > various directions are just /not/ clicking for me. Anyone have any
6 > clue how to actually get the EFI on macbook to boot Grub from
7 > /dev/sda1?
8
9 Have you made your EFI image with grub-mkimage?
10
11 Once that's done tar up your GRUB directory and extract it to /efi/grub
12 in Mac OS. I have rEFIt installed as well so I can select EFI GRUB
13 among other boot options (like legacy BIOS emulation mode and Mac OS).
14
15 blee@supra /mnt/macos/efi $ ls
16 grub rEFIt License.rtf rEFIt ReadMe.rtf refit tools
17 blee@supra /mnt/macos/efi $ ls grub/grub.efi grub/grub.cfg
18 grub/grub.cfg grub/grub.efi
22 Benjamin Lee
23 http://www.b1c1l1.com/