From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: What is starting net.eth1 [not in rc-update]
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 15:47:24
1 Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@××××××.de> writes:
2
3 > Am Sonntag, 28. Dezember 2008 12:38:37 schrieb Harry Putnam:
4 >> Still, on a shutdown I can't get past this output:
5 >>
6 >>  hwclock waiting for localmount
7 >
8 > I mentioned it in your other thread. Try masking openrc >=0.4.0.
9
10 I've masked
11 >=sys-apps/openrc-0.4.0
12
13 and downlgraded to
14 sys-apps/openrc (0.3.0-r1@12/28/08)
15
16 Bootup seems normal except for the fact that something is still trying
17 to start eth1.
18
19 Other things seem to have started normally and no hwclock on shutdown.
20
21 So why are there entities beyond /etc/conf.d/net and the controls used
22 in rc-udpate that can even start things in /etc/init.d?
23
24 Aren't those two controls the time honored places to handle that sort
25 of stuff?
26
27 What else is capable of attempting to start services? Have I been
28 hacked (.. hehe)