From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: openrc and /etc/modprobe.d/*
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 23:09:05
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 00:38 on Monday 30 May 2011, Harry Putnam did
2 opine thusly:
3
4 > Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de> writes:
5 > > If you have modules you wish to get loaded automatically on boot,
6 > > only then put entries for them in /etc/conf.d/modules.
7 >
8 > Sorry to butt in and change the subject slightly:
9 >
10 > Do you happen to know the exact syntax for that kind of rule or
11 > whatever it's called.
12 >
13 > I've been trying to auto load the `fuse' module using this:
14 >
15 > modules=fuse
16 >
17 > Which appears to be the proper syntax judging from the comments in
18 > the stub file provided (/etc/conf.d/modules).
19 >
20 > But `fuse' never gets auto loaded. There must be something more or
21 > different it needs.
24 Your syntax is correct. I suspect a module loading issue (not a config issue).
25 The answer is likely in your dmesg or messages log
26
27 :-)
28
29 can you successfully "modprobe fuse" after first login?
33 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com