From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gpgme oddity
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2017 13:02:31
1 On Samstag, 4. März 2017 17:37:54 CET Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > > (I may actually attempt to upgrade to KDE PIM 16.12.2, but that pulls in a
3 > > long tail of other packages due to QT_MINIMAL="5.7.0".)
4 >
5 > If you do that, you may find you lose all searching ability in KMail,
6 > according to a current discussion on kdepim-users@×××.org.
7
8 Well, I caved and had my desktop upgrade overnight. I had searched for the
9 threads you mentioned, and they looked more like problems caused by Debian
10 packaging issues and version mismatches, so that didn't deter me. And what do
11 you know? Search works :) . While there are other (minor) UI issues, they
12 are not enough for me to want to downgrade. I won't be upgrading my laptop,
13 though, for now at least.
14
15 Oh, one more downside: if you use kopete, you'll have to uninstall it, because
16 version 16.12.2 is still based on KF 4, and thus depends on kdepimlibs, which
17 blocks the upgrade. I was only launching it out of habit at this point, so I
18 don't *really* mind (though that's one of the reasons I'm not upgrading the
19 laptop, so that I still have on instance of kopete to rely on if need be).
20
21 Greetings
22 --
23 Marc Joliet
24 --
25 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
26 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup