From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Resize /
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 01:42:08
1 Dale wrote:
2 >
3 > But at the moment it is Greek to me. I did figure out that a segment
4 > is a partition though. I can't get past this though. I create a
5 > segment then when I highlight it in available objects tab and go to
6 > Actions and select make file system, a window pops up. I select
7 > reiserfs which is what I always use here and then another window pops
8 > up. It says Select Plugin Acceptable Objects and it lists all my hda
9 > partitions. Since I don't want to mess with hda right now, this makes
10 > me "nervous". I don't want to mess up anything so I hit cancel.
11 >
12 > What exactly am I supposed to do here? What is it going to do with
13 > whatever partition I select from the list?
14 >
15 > I'm getting there. Hang in there with me. Mostly don't want to mess
16 > up. If I loose distfiles, I'm screwed. It would take me two weeks to
17 > download all that stuff.
18 >
19 > Thanks
20 >
21 > Dale
22 >
23 > :-) :-) :-)
24
25 Well, I did some searching and found this:
26 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_setup_evms It has pictures!! O_O I like
27 pictures.
28
29 Still working on it.