From: "Anno v. Heimburg" <anno@×××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Would emerge --sync remove old profiles?
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 17:46:12
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > Did this machine just get messed up over time and I didn't notice or
3 > did emerge --sync remove the profile from the system thus breaking
4 > everything?
5
6 Sync does update profiles, which includes removing old ones that are no
7 longer supported. I would't go as far as saying it "breaks everything",
8 after all, all you have to do is to set a new profile and emerge will work
9 happily again. Do run the next update with -N, though, as the use flags
10 included in the new profile may have changed versus the old one.
13 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list