From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [ot] no more inodes
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 19:56:43
1 On Fri, 29 May 2009 11:32:58 -0600, Maxim Wexler wrote:
2
3 > tmpfs /tmp tmpfs defaults,noatime,mode=1777 0 0
4 >
5 > Does this have anything to do with the inode issue?
6
7 Only that it reduces the number of inodes needed by mounting/tmp on a
8 ramfs.
9
10 > What's the best fs for a 4G SSD? I picked ext3 because of another eee
11 > forum post.
12
13 I found the best way to deal with the Eee 900's two drives was to create
14 a small root partition (I used 200M) and swap on sda. Then make the rest
15 of sda and all of sdb into an LVM volume group. I still use ext3 for /,
16 but it contains so little that inodes are not an issue. You definitely
17 want to get /usr/portage, $PORTAGE_TMPDIR and $DISTDIR off the root
18 partition.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 Life is just one BIG beta test cycle