From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Maybe OT: Sync freq of LCDpanel != framerate of movie ?!?
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 12:26:58
1 Hi,
2
3 may be this is offtopic, may be it is not. Depends
4 on whether gentoo-related software can do something
5 for me in this case...
6
7 I bought a LCD monitor as a replacement for my aging
8 CRT one.
9
10 It is a HP LP2475w which has a vertical refresh rate
11 (sorry is this is a corrupted terminus technicus...
12 my "C" is better than my English... ;) ) of 60Hz and
13 runs with 1920x1200 resolution.
14
15 Since all my hardware is wired to 220V/50Hz and
16 DVDs/videos of region 2 have a framerate of 50Hz
17 I can see distortions in fast moving scenes especially
18 at fast changing light conditions (flashes, disco
19 lightning, fight scenes in Matrix Revolutions etc...)
20
21 The LCD is driven via DVI conection by a
22 nVidia Corporation G73 [GeForce 7600 GT] (rev a2)
23 and I am using the current nvidida-drivers.
24
25 I played around with different SYNC-options in
26 the nvidia-settings dialog but did not found one
27 which cures the problem.
28
29 How can I fix the problem ?
30
31 Thank you very much for any help in advance!
32 Have a nice weekend!
33 Best regards
34 mcc
38 Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
39 unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
40 See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
41 In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.