From: "Timothy A. Holmes" <tholmes@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] A couple questions
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 14:12:18
1 Hi Folks:
2
3 I have a couple things that I am working on and I could use some help:
4
5 1. VPN
6
7 I have a VPN set up on my pix firewall, its using the MS-CHAPP protocol
8 (it's a PIX501) I need to set up a good (easy to use) VPN Client for my
9 gentoo laptop
10
11 2. Backup
12
13 I have Backup Exec 10 from Veritas, with a quantum DLT loader -- I need
14 to come up with a way to back up to that device from the Gentoo Servers
15 (2 right now) -- I had it working on fedora, so im guessing I can make
16 it work on gentoo, but any alternative solutions etc would be most
17 appreciated
18
19 3. Work Log
20
21 Im looking for a good hours logging program that can handle real times.
22 The main problem with excel / open office spreadsheet is that it does
23 not like times, and cant easily calculate the hours expended. I don't
24 need the financial side of the package, just an easy way to track my
25 hours by project.
28 Thanks folks
29
30 Timothy A. Holmes
31 IT Manager / Network Admin / Web Master / Computer Teacher
32
33 Medina Christian Academy
34 A Higher Standard...
35