From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cannot mount dvd
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 23:36:16
1 Mick wrote:
2 > On Thursday 06 November 2008, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Mick wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> For some reason I cannot mount a data dvd I just burnt with k3b.
7 >>>
8 >>> When I click on it in Konqueror it comes up with:
9 >>>
10 >>> "Could not enter folder /media/project part 1"
11 >>>
12 >>> However, under File Type Konqueror shows "Mounted DVD". This is what is
13 >>> listed:
14 >>>
15 >>> d--------- 2 michael root 300 Nov 6 21:24 project part 1
16 >>>
17 >>> Would this be an error I made with k3b? I selected default settings
18 >>> except for udf, because one of the files within this dvd is larger than
19 >>> 2G.
20 >>>
21 >> I ran into this a while back and it is a common thing. I'm not sure
22 >> what causes it but it comes down to a permissions problem. If you
23 >> search the forums, I think I have a thread on there about this. My
24 >> username there is dalek. You can also search the archives for the
25 >> problem too. I think I started the thread and it was a little lengthy.
26 >> If you can't find the solution there, let me know and I'll search
27 >> through my old emails. May take me a bit since I got almost 30,000
28 >> emails from this list alone. o_O
31 > Thanks Dale(k),
32 >
33 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-635825-highlight-dvd.html
34 >
35 > It seems that this is a udf problem afflicting data dvds only. Mounting it
36 > manually with an entry in fstab as iso9660 works. I will also try burning
37 > another dvd later with a as iso level 3 and see if that works.
41 Yep, that was what I did to fix that. Sorry I couldn't recall what it
42 was but I sort of been through a lot since then. Got some meds from my
43 Dr and they almost put me six feet under. Some things are . . . hazy at
44 best.
45
46 I think there is a file size limit too. I think it is 4Gb or
47 something. I know my backup program is set to 3900Mb for some reason. o_O
48
49 Since this has been fixed with a newer cdrtools, I suggest
50 keywording/unmasking it and giving it a shot. They usually release
51 stable packages and it is not a system critical package either. I know
52 I am getting cdrtools-2.01.01_alpha52 as we speak.
53
54 Dale
55