From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Warning: /lib64/rc/cache is not writable
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 12:47:49
1 On Thu, 5 Mar 2015 07:37:39 -0500, German wrote:
2
3 > > > > Is /var on your root filesystem? If so, it sounds like something
4 > > > > is trying to write to it before it has been remounted rw. Try
5 > > > > adding rw (and removing ro if present) to your kernel options.
6 > > > >
7 > > >
8 > > > Ok, thanks. What file should I write these options to?
9 > >
10 > > Your bootloader config, that's where you specify the kernel boot
11 > > options.
12 >
13 > That's what I thought, however I use gummiboot. Can you give an
14 > example, to show your gummiboot config once again?
15
16 Add it to the options line in the relavent file in /boot/loader/entries.
17
18 Or test it first by pressing e at the menu and adding it there.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 Fragile. Do not turn umop ap1sdn!