From: Rhywek <rhywek@××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Emerge messages.
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 16:14:25
1 Hi, *
2
3 Did you ever wonder how to see the emerge messages after emerge has
4 completed its tasks? During emerge/update of most packages there are
5 some messages displayed that should not be missed. But sitting in front
6 of the console for 40 hours (well, usually less) is not a nice solution.
7
8 My question is: is portage saving those messages somewhere? I have the
9 feeling that I miss some important things all the time, because
10 sometimes I manage to read some of the messages and they seem VERY
11 important (e.g. additional steps one needs to take after emerging).
12
13 Dumping all the emerge output to file and searching for the messages
14 does not seem promising too... Also checking which packages were updated
15 and browsing theirs ebuilds is not very elegant.
16
17 If you have some interesting solution, please share.
18
19 Greetings,
20 Rhywek.
25 W³ochy i Pary¿ - przewodniki turystyczne do wyboru. Tylko z lipcowym numerem miesiêcznika Auto+.
26
27 http://www.a-plus.pl
28 --
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list