From: "Norman Rieß" <norman@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] non-ebuild installations
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 14:25:58
1 Matthew R. Lee schrieb:
2 > I would like to install some software which is not available as an ebuild. As
3 > I never done that before, can anyone point me in the direction of a how-to?
4 > I've had a look on the wiki but nothing caught my eye as being what I needed,
5 > but I may not have been looking in the right place.
6 > Thanks
7 > Matt
8 >
9 Well, different programs have different installations. Some have their
10 own installers, others come as source.
11 If there is an installer, you probably just have to run that installer.
12 If it comes as source, there is a readme file included. Mostly you can try:
13
14 configure (checks your system and sets the compile parameters)
15 make (compiles the program)
16 make install (installes the program, you should perhaps do this as root)
17
18 Regards
19 Norman
20 --