From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kdepimlibs and openldap compile failure. Shotgun please.
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 15:55:54
1 Mick wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 05 Jul 2011 08:55:52 Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >
4 >> Dale,
5 >>
6 >> Considering the mess openldap is causing below, I'd recommend you set
7 >> USE="-openldap" and rebuild world.
8 >>
9 >> I can't imagine why on earth you think you might need to be running an
10 >> ldap server (or even using one) from your home setup.
11 >>
12 > or/and run revdep-rebuild in case some of the libs that it is having problems
13 > with need to be rebuilt first.
17 I tried that too. I got a off list message, I think it was off list,
18 and disabled ldap since I don't really need it anyway. It is a bug
19 tho. I'm going to file it shortly but also going to report I removed
20 it. If they fix it, I may enable it just to test it. When I ran into
21 this, I found bug reports on this type of failure but they were old and
22 resolved. It appears they have had some bad code to slip back in.
23
24 Thanks.
25
26 Dale