From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT virtual stuff] gentoo vm appliance
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2011 00:24:53
1 Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org> writes:
2
3 > Well, thanks for pointing out the error in my appliance creation script
4 > that mistakenly sets up the serial console on non-headless VMs. I've
5 > fixed the bug and created and uploaded a new image.
6
7 My tiny input isn't much... the big thanks goes to you and to James
8 for the walkthru to use Vbox on your appliances.
9
10 At the risk of exposing further ignorance on my part, I'm curious what
11 it means in fstab where you have:
12
13 /.swap none swap sw 0 0
14
15 At the swap line.
16
17 That's another thing I haven't seen before.I mean the /DOTswap
18 `/.swap', does it just mean there is no swap?
19
20 Its hard to google because google doesn't recognize the . (dot), so a
21 search with terms like:
22
23 site:gentoo.org fstab "/.swap"
24
25 still finds /swap (with no dot) google throws out the dot.
26
27 I've noticed similar behavior on google if you try something
28 like "--color=auto" as a search term.. google appears to throw
29 out the `--' (dashdash) and the `=' equal sign.