From: thegeezer <thegeezer@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] ssh authkeys log invalid
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 19:02:27
1 Hi all,
2 i was looking up the gentoo wiki on fail2ban [1] to have it look at it's
3 own log file fail2ban.log in order to block repeat offenders for longer
4 as abuse@offender doesn't really seem to help these days.
5
6 then i saw a warning saying fail2ban not blocking all requests which i
7 followed to github [2] wihch has a paste of his logfiles [3]
8
9 now this i commented at github saying it looks similar to something i
10 discovered when trying to setup authkeys on ssh - namely invalid keys
11 give you no log file entry saying "invalid keys"
12
13 can anyone tell me if they know how to make the log file entry show that
14 it was an invalid key?
15 i only know that it is this from my experience -- when i was using the wrong
16 key or auth keys file had wrong permission i had only similar entries in my logs.
17 i did try to find the answer myself at that time but was unable to.
18
19 thanks in advance!
23 [1] http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Fail2ban
24 [2] https://github.com/fail2ban/fail2ban/issues/643