From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Can't emerge sandbox
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 18:02:12
1 Hello,
2
3 Recent versions of portage have suggested an emerge -e world, so I thought
4 I'd try it. It got as far as sandbox, which failed with the once-common "C
5 compiler cannot create executables" error. Of course I
6 tried "FEATURES=-sandbox emerge sandbox" but that failed with the same
7 error.
8
9 I wondered what is set wrongly in my environment, so I booted a minimal
10 installation CD and chrooted into the system, but with the same result.
11
12 Can anyone suggest where my problem might lie? I've attached the log file.
13 I'm confused by the apparent references in it to the cross-compiler. Google
14 seems to have only old references.
15
16 This is a dual-Opteron box with a mostly-amd64 setup - only a few packages
17 are ~amd64. I'm also running an emerge -eq world on another amd64 box,
18 which has had no problem with sandbox. Same versions of portage and sandbox
19 on both machines.
22 Rgds
23 Peter

sandbox.errlog text/plain