From: wireless@×××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mesa-10.3.7-r1 S3TC option
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 18:27:26
1 On 02/20/2015 07:10 PM, Mick wrote:
4 Mick <michaelkintzios <at> gmail.com> writes:
5 > media-libs/mesa-10.3.7-r1:
6
7 I have this installed too; with this video card : radeon
8 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] RV710
9 [Radeon HD 4350/4550]
10
11 I mostly followed this guide, without any xorg customizations:
12 http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Radeon
15 > media-libs/libtxc_dxtn as well. This may be necessary to get nice
16
17 I do not have this message anywhere in the logs.
18 There is no dxtn or s3tc flag [1].
19
20 I have just discovered that elogviewer is not working currently;
21 I have used it extensively in the past. I reinstalled it
22 and the /var/log/portage/elog dir is setup correctly but empty.
23 Strange; I'm not certain when my elogs quit working......
24 I'm not certain what is going on, as python is set to 3.4; running
25 python updater now.... qutie a bit of breakage....
29 > So I emerged media-libs/libtxc_dxtn manually.
30
31 Yes, I am going to give this a whirl too. It's been a long time
32 since I've looked into updating a radeon configuration.
33 What card are you using?
34
35 I have these flags set for mesa and maybe they are in need of
36 updating? media-libs/mesa-10.3.7-r1
37 USE="bindist classic dri3 egl gallium gbm llvm nptl udev"
38
39 Any additional flags I could/should set for mesa and a radeon card?
40 Any other helper packages?
43 [1] http://www.gentoo.org/dyn/use-index.xml#doc_chap1