From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Easiest way to block domains?
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2017 00:06:58
1 On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 09:19:00AM -0700, Ian Zimmerman wrote
2 > On 2017-08-31 08:47, Walter Dnes wrote:
3 >
4 > > 1) To protect my gear against power surges/spikes/drops
5 > > 2) To protect against the rare occurence when power goes off for 1
6 > > or 2 seconds
7 >
8 > I do the same. Or at least I did until last week, when the UPS died
9 > after more than a decade of perfect service. (Here, the outages are
10 > longer than 2 seconds; it's not often, but is very annoying when it
11 > happens, with the UPS square wave beeps.)
12
13 I just had a second look at your message. Did you say your UPS puts
14 out ***SQUARE WAVES***? That is very bad for consumer grade electrical
15 stuff.
18 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
19 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications