From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting up fetchmail to feed postfix
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2017 10:22:38
1 On 26 November 2017 03:30:11 GMT+01:00, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >On Saturday, 25 November 2017 16:20:46 GMT Jalus Bilieyich wrote:
3 >> As an everyday user of KMail, I am completely happy with using it. I
4 >> don't see any flaws with it. Maybe it's just me or...? Is there a
5 >reason
6 >> behind the hostile glare towards KMail?
7 >
8 >Do you have POP3 or IMAP-4 accounts?
9 >
10 >It used to be like that for me too, but not for a long time now. I get
11 >duplicate messages, which are a known problem and easily worked around,
12 >but
13 >the latest version of KMail whinges about more than one candidate for
14 >display and just gives up. Then I have to stop KMail, start
15 >akonadiconsole
16 >and use it to delete the akonadi cache of the affected folder, restart
17 >akonadi and (when the debug messages quieten down) restart KMail and
18 >click
19 >on the same folder. Then it rebuilds the threads and stores them neatly
20 >away
21 >in MySQL.
22 >
23 >This happens several times a day, sometimes even more than once in the
24 >same
25 >folder. I don't know why I should be affected more than anyone else,
26 >but I
27 >do seem to be. It reminds me of Dale and his struggles a few years ago
28 >with
29 >... what was it again, Dale?
30
31 Interesting,
32
33 I use kmail a lot on my desktop and laptop and have not noticed that in a very long time.
34 It has actually been quite stable.
35
36 I do use IMAP (cyrus) and akonadi is configured to use a postgresql database which is not running as embedded under my own user.
37 (Postgresql is configured as a proper RDBMS using it's own user)
38
39 I wonder of part of the issues most people are seeing is because of the default of using mysql embedded?
42 Joost
43 --
44 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.