From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: gcc-4.5.3-r1 fails to compile with "internal compiler error"
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 21:08:15
1 >> The gcc package actually compiles gcc twice, once with your existing
2 >
3 >> compiler and again with the new compiler itself (at least it worked that
4 >
5 >> way in the old days).
9 > I believe it's three times now: the first time with the old compiler, then
10 > with the new one, then again with the second new one. Then the last two are
11 > compared; they should be the same.
12
13 I do get this when emerging gcc-4.3.4:
14
15 * Your x86 arch is not supported.
16 * Hope you know what you are doing. Hardened will not work.
17
18 I wonder if it could be related. 4.3.4 compiles fine.
19
20 - Grant