From: Nilesh Govindrajan <me@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Compiling for different CPU but same architecture
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 12:22:30
1 On Fri, 2014-08-01 at 06:00 -0600, Jc García wrote:
2 > 2014-08-01 5:51 GMT-06:00 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>:
3 > > On Fri, 1 Aug 2014 05:45:36 -0600, Jc García wrote:
4 > >
5 > >> > systemd-nspawn seems to be interesting. But will it work on my i5?
6 > >> > Because I prefer to use -march=native. For using distcc I copied all
7 > >> > the flags that gcc selects in march=native mode to make.conf.
8 > >> >
9 > >> >
10 > >> I don't think what CFLAGS you are using matters for using
11 > >> systemd-nspawn.
12 > >
13 > > If you are using a chroot to build packages for installation on another
14 > > machine, the CFLAGS should be appropriate for the target machine, not the
15 > > build host.
16 > >
17 > Maybe I misinterpreted what he was asking, I was only thinking about
18 > the part of using nspawn as a replacement for chroot, not beyond that,
19 > but you're right.
20 > >
21 > > --
22 > > Neil Bothwick
23 > >
24 > > The quickest way to a man's heart is through his sternum.
27 Why it shouldn't matter? What if a package's building process depends on
28 some other package? Though the build process isn't for a completely
29 different arch, it might matter. That's my doubt.