From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] backup & restore solution?
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 18:19:50
1 On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 19:24:06 +0200, Jarry wrote:
2
3 > But what I also need is fast and reliable restore function, for the case
4 > that all I have is a new replacement-disk, gentoo installation cd, and
5 > dvd/rw/ram with archived partition images (+ restore sw on floppy).
6 > Could you recommend me some software? I checked software in app-backup,
7 > but there is nothing about quick & easy restoring...
8
9 For restoring entire partitions, backups made with tar or partimage are
10 good. In either case, a single command is all you need to restore the
11 partition.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 Like an atheist in a grave: all dressed up and no place to go.