From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] h
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 23:37:32
1 On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 00:47:34 +0200, Sebastian Günther wrote:
2
3 > If the NSA had a sufficient algorithm, that is capable of
4 > reducing the time that much, they should also be able to prove P=NP.
5 > This is worth 1.000.000$ iirc and somehow you should get a Nobel Prize
6 > for it.
7
8 I'm sure the NSA would be happy to forego the prize and keep quiet about
9 being able to break a secure cipher. Just like our GCHQ came up with
10 public key cryptography several years before Rivest, Shamir and Adleman
11 published RSA but kept it secret for over 30 years.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 If I save time, when do I get it back?