From: Thierry de Coulon <tcoulon@××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What happens with masked packages?
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 20:43:57
1 On Wednesday 22 February 2006 21.02, Dave Nebinger wrote:
2 > Thierry de Coulon wrote:
3 > > Where - and how - should I report masked packages that work?
4 >
5 > You don't need to report success. There are teams of folks who 'bless'
6 > the packages into unmasked status when they feel they are ready.
7 >
8 > Your lack of reporting a bug is an indication that there is nothing to
9 > block the package from being promoted.
10
11 Thanks. Does not seem to me to be the best solution, though: if a package is
12 masked, many users won't install it, so what's the absence of bug report
13 indicating?
14
15 In my case, the funny thing is: DVDRIP is not masked and does not work.
16 Acidrip is masked and works like a charm.
17
18 Let's hope that the blessing folks find out.
19
20 Thierry
23 The problem with the world is stupidity. Not saying there should be a
24 capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the
25 safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
26 Frank Zappa
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list