From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Good file system that recovers from a power failure.
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 20:14:11
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm planning to build a rig like mine for my brother before to long. I
4 know there are lots of opinions on the net but want some personal
5 experience information on this. My brother does not have a UPS. I may
6 can talk him into getting one but not sure. What is a good file system
7 that recovers well from a improper shutdown? I use ext2, ext3 and
8 reiserfs here but never had a power problem, except when hal broke my
9 stuff. I know XFS is not good for this already from my own personal
10 experience.
11
12 Does anyone here have any personal experience on this? Just a 'I use
13 this and had a power failure and it powered up fine with no data loss'
14 would be nice. If this happened a lot and still worked, that would be
15 even better.
16
17 I'm not looking to start a turf war. This will be a plain old desktop
18 so it doesn't need a fancy file system, just one that recovers from a
19 power failure.
20
21 Thanks.
22