From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] emerge libtdi w/ USE=python requires swig
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 20:00:46
1 After futzing around for a while installing and re-installing
2 different versions of libftdi trying to get python support installed,
3 I finally noticed that building libftdi python support requires swig.
4 I didn't have swig installed and the ebuild apparently doesn't have it
5 as a dependency.
6
7 Is the requirement to have swig installed when requesting python
8 support for certain libraries something you're "just supposed to
9 know", or should it be a dependency in the libftdi ebuild?
12 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I like your SNOOPY
13 at POSTER!!
14 gmail.com